Monday, May 12, 2014

Project 2: Critique 2 || Lauren DePree


Sorry for the low picture quality! Here are two samples that I've been working on. The bottom was really a test one to play with ideas and see how some colors worked. I realized while doing that I really liked how the minimal color looked on the faces just accentuating some features and highlights/shadows depending on the place. The top one I focused on that idea. I want to go in and add some more details and color while still keeping it simple. This is the base of each face so far.

3 comments:

  1. I like the top one, I think your are right the minimal color feels right. I don't think think you should add too much detail, I think it might take away from the simplistic style of using the watercolor to show highlight, and shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the first one a lot! The second one feels a little heavy. Great job showing the expression and details of each face - thats not easy using minimal colors and brush strokes but you did it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool but not quite done yet. If u continue to do watercolor push it a little more, add in a few colors. Or you could continue to do vector shapes on the computer. What are your plans for the background?

    ReplyDelete